If your locked PC cannot access BIOS smoothly even though you have try the most popular key or keys combination already, then you will need to try other keys instead, following are the methods on how to enter BIOS to certain brand of PC for your references:
- • Press Del or F2 immediately after powering on.
- • The BIOS on the Acer Altos 600 server uses the Ctrl+Alt+Esc key and the F1 key for advanced options.
- • Older Acer computers may use also use the F1 or Ctrl+Alt+Esc keys to access BIOS.
Acer - Aspire, Power, Veriton, Extensa, Ferrari, TravelMate, Altos
Compaq - Presario, Prolinea, Deskpro, Systempro, Portable
- • Press F10 while the cursor in the top right corner of the screen is blinking.
- • Older Compaq computers may use the F1, F2, F10, or Del key to give access to BIOS.
Dell - XPS, Dimension, Inspiron, Latitude. OptiPlex, Precision, Vostro
- • Press F2 when the Dell logo appears. Press every few seconds until the message Entering Setup appears.
- • Older Dell desktops and laptops may instead use Ctrl+Alt+Enter or Del to enter BIOS.
- • Older Dell laptops may use Fn+Esc or Fn+F1.
eMachines - eMonster, eTower, eOne, S-Series, T-Series
- • Press Tab or Del while the eMachine logo displays on screen.
- • Other eMachine computers may use F2 to enter BIOS.
Fujitsu - LifeBook, Esprimo, Amilo, Tablet, DeskPower
- • Press F2 once the Fujitsu logo appears.
Gateway - DX, FX, One, GM, GT, GX, Profile, Astro
- • Press the F1 key repeatedly after restarting the computer.
- • Some older Gateway computers use F2 to access the BIOS Setup utility.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) - Pavilion, TouchSmart, Vectra, OmniBook, Tablet
- • Press the F1, F10, or F11 key after restarting the computer.
- • HP Tablet PCs may use F10 or F12.
- • Other HP computers may allow access to BIOS using the F2 or Esc keys.
IBM - PC, XT, AT
- • Press F1 immediately after powering on the computer.
- • Older IBM computers (including some laptops) may utilize the F2 key for BIOS entry.
Lenovo (formerly IBM) - ThinkPad, IdeaPad, 3000 Series, ThinkCentre, ThinkStation
- • Press F1 or F2 after powering on the computer.
- • Older Lenovo products allow access to BIOS using Ctrl+Alt+F3, Ctrl+Alt+Ins, or Fn+F1.
Micron (MPC Computers) - ClientPro, TransPort
- • Press F1, F2 or Del immediately after powering on the PC.
NEC - PowerMate, Versa, W-Series
- • Press F2 to enter the BIOS Setup.
Packard Bell - 8900 Series, 9000 Series, Pulsar, Platinum, EasyNote, imedia, iextreme
- • Press F1, F2, or Del to enter BIOS.
Sharp - Notebook Laptops, Actius UltraLite
- • Press F2 after the computer starts.
- • Some very old Sharp PCs require a Setup Diagnostics Disk to access BIOS.
Shuttle - Glamor G-Series, D'vo, Prima P2-Series, Workstation, X Mini XPC, Surveillance
- • Press F2 or Del on startup.
Sony - VAIO, PCG-Series, VGN-Series
- • Press F1, F2 or F3 after turning on the computer.
Toshiba - Portégé, Satellite, Tecra, Equium
- • Press F1 or Esc after powering on to access BIOS.
- • Press F12 on a Toshiba Equium.
As long as you find the right key or keys combination to enter BIOS, you can set BIOS to boot from the order and keep on your password recovery process then.